EV SERVICING - Those looking for a future proofed infrastructure for
renewably sourced energy for electric vehicles, may want to consider the new
breed of self driving cars and taxis, that will benefit from automated
recharging if they are to be fully autonomous in operation - most especially
unmanned robotic taxis, (Google, Amazon, Ebay, UPS, DHL) delivery vans, and
other freight vehicles. SmartNet™
offers automated cartridge exchange refuelling and human connected (nozzle) hydrogen
and (plug-in) charging for EVs,
with load levelling for TSOs
& DSOs. All at the same service station.
THE AUTOMATED and ELECTRIC VEHICLES ACT 2018
CHAPTER 18 [19th July 2018]
PART 2 ELECTRIC VEHICLES: CHARGING
12. Duty to consider making regulations under section 11 (1) (a) on request by elected mayor
(1) The Secretary of State must consider making section 11(1)(a) regulations in relation to the whole or part of a relevant area if —
(a) the mayor for the relevant area makes a request for such regulations to be made,
(b) conditions 1 to 3 are met, and
(c) the Secretary of State considers that the mayor has complied with any prescribed requirements before making the request.
(2) “Section 11(1)(a) regulations” means regulations under section 11(1) that impose requirements on large fuel retailers within section 11(1)(a).
(3) Condition 1 is that the Secretary of State is satisfied that, before making the request, the mayor —
(a) published proposals for section 11(1)(a) regulations to be made in relation to the whole or part of the relevant area, an
(b) consulted —
(i) each local authority any part of whose area falls within the relevant area or, if the request relates to part of the relevant area, within that part,
(ii) persons who would be likely to be subject to requirements under the regulations (if made), and
(iii) such other persons as the mayor considers appropriate, in relation to the published proposals.
(4) Condition 2 is that the mayor has given the Secretary of State a summary of the responses to the consultation referred to in subsection (3)(b).
(5) Condition 3 is that regulations have been made under section 11(3) in relation to the meaning of “large fuel retailer”.
(6) If the Secretary of State decides not to make section 11(1)(a) regulations in response to the mayor’s request, the Secretary of State must notify the mayor of the decision and the reasons for it.
(7) For the purposes of this section —
(a) “relevant area” means the area of a combined authority or Greater London;
(b) the mayor for a relevant area is —
(i) in the case of the area of a combined authority, the mayor for the area elected in accordance with section 107A(2) of the 2009 Act;
(ii) in the case of Greater London, the Mayor of London.
(8) In this section —
“the 2009 Act” means the Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009;
“combined authority” means a combined authority established under section 103(1) of the 2009 Act;
“large fuel retailer” has the same meaning as in section 11;
“local authority” means —
(a) a district
(b) a county
(c) a London borough council.
Automated and Electric Vehicles Act
THE AUTOMATED and ELECTRIC VEHICLES ACT 2018
PART 1 Automated vehicles: liability of insurers etc
1. Listing of automated vehicles by the Secretary of State
2. Liability of insurers etc where accident caused by automated vehicle
3. Contributory negligence etc
Accident resulting from unauthorised software alterations or failure to update software
5. Right of insurer etc to claim against person responsible for accident
6. Application of enactments
7. Report by Secretary of State on operation of this Part
PART 2 Electric vehicles: charging
- 9. Definitions
Requirements and prohibitions
10. Public charging or refuelling points: access, standards and connection
11. Large fuel retailers etc: provision of public charging or refuelling points
12. Duty to consider making regulations under section 11(1)(a) on request by elected mayor
13. Information for users of public charging or refuelling points
14. Transmission of data relating to charge points
15. Smart charge points
General and supplementary
19. Report by Secretary of State on operation of this Part
PART 3 Miscellaneous and general
20. Minor and consequential amendments
23. Short title
SCHEDULE MINOR AND CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS
use our A-Z
INDEX to navigate this site
website is provided on a free basis to
promote zero emission transport from renewable energy in Europe and Internationally. Copyright ©
Universal Smart Batteries and Climate Change Trust 2021. Solar
Studios, BN271RF, United Kingdom. The name SmartNet™ is a trademark.